Saturday, May 17, 2008

Our big dude by our little princess.
Yep...sucking her thumb and not even a week old!!
Carter enjoyed taking that first pic, he thought it was funny. I can't believe how heavy he feels to me now that Zoey is here. Mike and I keep looking at him and talking about what a big kid he is. As for the second picture, I couldn't believe it. I was carrying her around and suddenly heard an aggressive sucking sound, looked down and what do ya know...we've got a thumb sucker. Carter never found his thumb interesting, we'll see if it lasts with Zoey.
I wanted to mention something tender I forgot to post earlier. Mike has picked up a few new words since Zoey arrived. We've always referred to Carter as buddy or dude almost since he was born and with Zoey, Mike constantly refers to her as "sweety" or "sweetheart" while I have a tendency to call her "princess" and Carter sticks to "Baby Zoey." It's very sweet, she is very sweet.

4 comments:

Brazil's Girl said...

Congratulations guys! Zoey is super cute, and Carter IS huge. He looks like he's a toddler on steroids. Just kidding. Good luck with everything!

Ren & Mike

Helen said...

It's crazy how fast they grow!

Kerri said...

Ohhh, we miss her. I was so lucky to get to be the candidate to help you and hold her so fresh from heaven :)

Anna said...

She's so tiny and Carter looks huge next to her. I love the pictures---:)