Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Bittersweet birthday

In the early morning hours on the day of my birthday my father passed away after battling cancer for nearly 10 years. I went home to Idaho and spent over a week with my family. I miss him so much but I'm glad he's no longer hurting and struggling. Thank you to those who were so helpful and thoughtful through this time.
Recent picture:

5 comments:

Helen said...

That's a sweet photo. I can tell he was a great man.

Bryan and Laura Taylor said...

Sorry to hear about your loss:( Glad to see you guys are doing well despite everything going on.

Brazil's Girl said...

Traci, I'm so sorry about your dad. Mike's mom died in December of cancer too. It's the hardest thing, having the gospel sure makes it a bit better. But in the beginning it's still hard to get used how much you miss that person.

May the Lord comfort your family through this time.
Mike and Ren.

Carrie said...

We are so sorry and hope you are doing OK. It seems your dad is a great dad and will be missed by everyone! I know he was pretty sick and is no longer suffering, but that is still hard to have him gone for now. We love you guys!

Jessica said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. What an amazing man to be able to battle cancer for so long. I hope you guys are doing ok.